Resume Community Services
Many employers are interested in seeing that applicants are passionate about community involvement. Being active in community service demonstrates to employers that you are an engaged, proactive person who collaborates well with others.
Community service is especially important for students and entry-level applicants because volunteer work can make up for a lack of paid work experience on a resume. A longstanding relationship with a volunteer organization can demonstrate to a hiring manager that a manager, executive or experienced employee is dedicated and consistent. It is beneficial to list any responsibilities or leadership roles you’ve held in various volunteer organizations. In addition, success stories regarding projects and fundraising efforts should also be briefly mentioned.
Resume Community services Examples for Students
Aide and Assistant
- Aiding in office for City of Pleasanton (2011-2013)
- LARPD Children's Fair 2013
- Walk for Education 2013
- Tri-Valley Creek Clean-Up 2013
- Livermore Shop With a Cop (2011-2012)
- Half-Price Books Newsletter (2009)
- Coast CMCA (Community Mobilization for Change on Alcohol.
- Assisted at the Wesley Methodist Church After School Program.
- Served as a teacher's assistant at Angels of Love Daycare after school.
- Participated in Coastal Clean-Up's, Civilian civic Parades, Campus Beautification Projects and Service Learning projects. (JROTC)
- 200 Hours to Camp Easter Seals for my Eagle Scout project which was an renovation and overhaul of existing archery range.
- 90 Hours to Camp Tanah Keeta- Boy Scout Reservation
- 24 Hours for Bright Futures Food Pantry
- Singer and Musician
- Board of Directors at Junior Pearls
- Co-president of club senior year at Sage Hill
- Junior Pearls is an auxiliary of Beckstrand Cancer Foundation whose mission is to improve and enhance the quality of life for children with cancer.
- Various community service activities around the community. Including the following
- Volunteered for an adopt a grandparent program
- Was a T.A for elementary teachers
- Involved in helping hands
Advertising, Marketing and PR
- Monthly volunteer at El Dorado County Animal Control. Tasks include walking, grooming, and feeding dogs and cats.
- Member of Future Business Leaders of Tahoe. We are a college based club that helps the community through fundraising and volunteering while focusing on the business side of operations.
Attorney and Lawyer
- I helped clean up the San Marcos Nature Center
- I volunteered at the Seguin Nursing Home to help feed the elderly
- I helped pick up trash along the highway
Barista and Café Worker
- HFLCS (Volunteer) May 2010 - June 2011
- I walked dogs, cleaned cages, fed the animals, and worked with people to help find homes for the animals.
- Quaker Hill Nursing Home (Volunteer) June 2013 - August 2013
- Socialized with residents, fed them lunch, took them outside, performed multiple activities with residents, and talked with their families about how they were doing.
I am a Kappa Delta and we do many different events to help empower women. This year, I have worked a 5K race for Prevent Child Abuse America. I have also worked for a holiday called International Girls Day. We hold this holiday for the Girl Scouts of the community to help them realize how powerful they really are.
I also volunteer to keep the nursery at my church whenever I am able to be home and attend. While I am in the nursery I am watching children from the age ranges from a newborn to three years old. Along with keeping the nursery, I help with the puppet ministry in our church which allows children to receive their own lesson while their parents listen to the sermon.
In high school I was a member of the National Honor Society. By becoming part of this organization, it also helped me to understand the value of community service. Some of the projects we did were hosting a blood drive at our school, hosting a Bocce Ball tournament for the mentally disabled people of our community, and hosting a beauty pageant for our local service center. All three of these things taught me how rewarding it was to give back to your community and to help others. Working the Bocce Ball tournament and the beauty pageant especially touched me because I have a special place in my heart for people like the individuals that participated in these two events.
- Hangzhou Art & Craft Museum, Hangzhou, China
Introduced history and background of Chinese knives, scissors and swords to nearly 50 tourists every day; Helped visitors engage in an interactive exhibit.
- Hangzhou Zhuertan Volunteer Center, Hangzhou, China
Helped a group of migrant workers' children with their homework and taught them English;
Provided one-to-one tutoring to low performing student whose academic ranking improved significantly.
- AIESEC Kenya, Nairobi, Kenya
Taught 214 students science in ANWA Junior School located in the biggest slum of Kenya.
Collaborated with team for volunteer leader project to interview and photograph children living in poverty; Documented their experience on the Huaban website to raise money.
- Volunteer at „Brave Phone“ child and parent helpline (2013 - present).
- Finished education in duration of 36 hours and have a certified status of full-time volunteer.
- Successfully completed a 11-hour seminar "Adapting the Croatian legal system to children".
- Coursera Global Translator Community member - translator for Croatian and English via Transifex.
- "Ured za savjetovanje i podršku studentima" (Office for counseling and student support) - Hrvatski studiju Zagrebu - member of team for evaluation and research of Campus students needs.
- Took up National Service Training Program 1 & 2 (STEP-01 & NBSP-02) during my freshman year at De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde wherein we were tasked to teach children ranging from 5 to 13 years of age basic mathematics, science, arts, religion, physical education, & proper grooming in the neighboring slum communities in Manila.
- Engaged in volunteer work at San Felipe Neri Church to educate children about the Holy Bible in order for them to further deepen their faith.
Currently I volunteer weekly as a tennis coach for the Mills Community Tennis Program. This program brings fourth and fifth grade girls from Oakland elementary schools to Mills College campus in order to help build their self confidence through tennis.
I have been blessed to be able to participate in several mission trips since the age of fifteen. In Birmingham, Alabama I participated in World Changers, assigned to paint houses. There was more excitement to be found in Vidor, Texas as I assisted my team rebuilding a roof and also with installing a handicap shower. My first opportunity to engage with children was at Vacation Bible School in Cuatro Cienegas, Mexico with the First Baptist Church of Edna. I had such a great experience with the FBC of Edna that I volunteered to help in Mission Jackson County where I did more painting and some construction work.
Resume Community services Examples for Entry Level candidates
Customer Service Representative
I have volunteered at my local library from 2010 to 2014. My responsibilities included shelving books, making sure that the area I worked in was neat and organized. I also had to help during the many events the library hosted for the community and also had to help patrons that were at the library. During my time here I had to work in groups and independently and I worked well in both situations.
Security Guard and Surveillance Officer
- American Red Cross Volunteer-Santa Cruz Chapter (2014-current)
- Baseball field and park cleanups (2012-1014)
- Aptos Little League Volunteer Work (2012-current)
Restaurant and Food Service
- Driver for Meals on wheels.
- Road guard for Wichita Falls YMCA 5k run.
- Built obstacle course for Wichita Falls Chili Festival.
- Set up Christmas for MSU's annual Christmas Light display.
- Work concession stand for SAYSO tournament.
- Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium - Over 100 volunteer hours giving tours and leading talks on exhibits
- Trail Day - Volunteer park improvement, removing invasive plants, planting trees, maintaining paths
- Strong Kids Campaign
- Samaritan's Feet Shoe Drive
- Annual Giving Campaign
Occupational and Physical Therapy
- 2004-Present Sunday School teacher for preschool children
- 2009,2010 Odyssey of the Mind Coach for 3rd-5th grade students
- 2010-2011 PTA Study Buddy Coordinator and volunteer for Matthews Elementary
Accounting and Finance Auditor
- Command Ombudsman for USS Benfold 2007-2008. Served as liaison between family members and USS Benfold command master chief, executive officer, and commanding officer. Coordinated numerous family events during ship deployments. Assisted family members with needs that arose while their spouses were deployed or underway and kept families informed with ship updates.
- Youth football coach 2010. Certified under the National Alliance for Youth Sports to coach youth football and coached one season in the age group of eight to ten year olds.
- Volunteered 3 years as a brownie leader.
- Volunteered 3 years as a bible school teacher.
- Volunteered 20 hours at Cedar Grove Elementary for service hours.
- Helped out at Cedar Grove Gardens for 2 years doing hair for the elderly.
Speech Pathology and Audiology
For one year I worked with several individuals collecting and packaging care bags/art therapy for children with special circumstances as they enter foster/ group home care. responsible for marketing and collection of items as well as distribution of items.
- I am an active member of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, Casper Lodge #1353. I help run our kitchen, advertise our organization & doings, promote our Drug Awareness program and scholarship programs, maintain our organization's Facebook and website.
- I am currently the Exalted Ruler (President) of the Casper, WY Lodge. In addition to being the current ER, I have also completed the three Vice-Presidency positions.
Central Montco Technical High School Canned Food Drive:
- Students brought in canned foods and donated to charity.
Volunteer Work at The New Leaf Club:
- Organizing furniture, organizing car parking for an event.
On-Campus work at The Vanguard School:
- Assistant to Woodworking teacher. Organizing supplies, and helping middle school students get their first cuts in Woodworking And helped create wooden and acrylic pens and other things.
Medical Records, Billing and Transcription
- FRG Secretary Fort Hood, TX 2005-2006
- Girl Scout Leader Fort Huachuca, AZ 2006-2009
- Family Readiness Group Leader Fort Huachuca, AZ 2006-2009
- Spouses Club Fort Huachuca, AZ 2006-2009
- JBER Special Needs Group Fort Richardson, AK 2009-2012
- FRG Key Caller Fort Hood, TX Present
- Visits to Nursing Homes
- Walk for the Homeless
- Race for the Cure
- Church Cleaning
- Special Olympics Volunteer
- Camp Counselor
- Soldier Care Packages
- Peer Tutoring
- Sunday School Teacher
- Director of Sign Language Team
- Volunteer Day Care Worker College
- Lebonheur Children's Hospital, Dialysis Unit Buddy May 2013- present
- Maddux Elementary, Office and Classroom Assistant August 2012- December 2012
- March of Dimes Walkathon 2006-2008
- Hino Foreign Exchange Student Farewell Breakfast Host & Server 2006-2008
- St. Jude's Children's Hospital, Annual 5K Marathon Registration 2006-2008
Teller and Customer Service
I am the music leader at my church, playing keyboard and leading the choir. I also work closely with the Youth Director to fund raise for the youth group, host events, and keep the kids interested and active in local events other than ones held at their own church.
Emergency Medical Technician
- Lafayette Township Fire Department- Explorer Chief (September 2007-July 2010)
- MetroHealth Medical Center- Emergency Department Volunteer (May 2011- August 2012)
- Medina County Teen Court (October 2010- May 2012)
- June 1, 2007 to August 1, 2007 and June 1, 2008 to August 1, 2008 I volunteered at Lee Memorial Health Systems in the medical records section of Lee Physicians group. My primary responsibilities were pulling and filing charts, answering phones and updating patients charts.
- June 1, 2007 to August 1, 2008 and June 1, 2008 to August 1, 2008 I also worked at Health Park Medical Center on the children's floor organizing activities and assisting with the newborns in the Intensive Care Unit.
Resume Community services Examples for Experienced people
Barista and Café Worker
I have participated in a few different opportunities for community service, such as picking up trash on the highway, feeding the homeless, receiving donations for the salvation army, and also providing clothes to the homeless.
Food and Beverage: Host/Hostess
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Exceptional interpersonal skills Friendly
- Food safety understanding
- Loss prevention
- Cash handling accuracy
- Excellent multi-tasker
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible schedule
- Works well under pressure
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Upbeat, outgoing and positive
- Children's Choir Director for about 60 children at Christian Life Center.
- Vacation Bible School Music Lead Teacher for over 400 children.
- Volunteer for Maple Point Middle School PTO.
- Volunteer for Maple Point Middle School play.
I have volunteered at my church's Vacation Bible School over the summer for several years working with children age 2 and older. I have also worked in my church's nursery with infants to 2-year-old children. I also volunteer my time to retirement communities on the weekends. For the past two summers, I have volunteered at Camp Restore, a Lutheran service camp in New Orleans, Louisiana dedicated to continuing cleanup after hurricane Katrina.
Customer Service Management
- American Red Cross - Canteen and Volunteer
- Foster 2 Home - Kennel Coordinator and Dog Foster Mother
Medical Records, Billing and Transcription
- 2009-2011 Relay for Life Team Leader and Company Representative
- 2009-2011 Making Strides Team Leader
Restaurant and Food Service
- Volunteered at private pre-k school in Union City, California.
- Volunteered within middle school and high school special education classes as teacher's aide, in Union city, California - Alvarado Middle School, James Logan High School.
- Volunteered at various animal shelters and kennels within the Union City / Bay Area, California.
- Bulverde Volunteer Fire Station
- Completed Thirty Hours
North East Independent School District
- Elementary bike rodeos
- Completed Ten Hours
- Habitat For Humanity
- Completed Eight Hours
- 2014: Organized an event "Quit to grow" in Barclays for Smokers to quit the habit.
- 2013: Initiated and organised "Movember" Event in BTCI.
- 2013: Painted school walls and Donated needy goods to "Rachana Hostel".
- 2011: Organised "Green Hills" event near Chaturshrungi temple hills, SB Road, Pune for Plantation.
- Organised several motivational events like Service 24, BCCL 2014, Speed Networking for Colleagues in the Organization and for a charity as well.
- Raised funds for the local Boys and Girls Club by waiting tables.
- Volunteered in the Big Event, a community service project that supports Tahlequah surrounding areas.
- Was a 4-H Cherokee Mentor, where I taught Native American children about Science, Mathematics, and Agriculture.
- Voluntarily mowed the local masonic lodge's land for a number of years.
Customer Service Representative
Currently volunteering at La Puente High Schools with the Football Boosters and acting as Secretary. I have worked closely with the President for the last 2 1/2 years and plan on taking the President position after the 2013 Football season is over. Present duties include typing of all meeting notes, input of data, communication with parents and the public, coaches, and the school's official officers. Seeking sponsorship and support from the local area and lastly seeking organisation of fundraising. Currently putting in approximately 8-10 hours a week of volunteer service per Football season and 4 hour a week during the off season.
Therapist and Practitioner
Susan G Komen Northwest Ohio Race for the Cure (supporter/participant), Wounded Warrior Project (supporter), 5K Heroes Run (supporter/participant), YWCA Domestic Abuse/ Rape Crisis Center (crisis volunteer), March for Babies (supporter/participant), Walk for Williams Syndrome.
Instructor and Trainer
- District Chairman then Missouri State president of Soil Conservation Society of America (SCSA). Held National SCSA Convention in St Louis, Missouri, while State president.
- Served 43 years as a volunteer for Boy Scouts of America.
- Served as Chairman of Maryville Chamber of Commerce Agriculture Committee for 2 years.
- Developed and directed 4 state Conservation Workshop with 200 attending.
- Twenty years in Church and Youth Leadership positions.
Resume Community services Examples for Managers
Extensively involved within the community. Several years of volunteering with: Habitat for Humanity, City of Upland, Upland Foothill Little League, AYSO Upland, Broadway Experience of Upland, Avon Walk, Adopt a Highway, Girl Scouts of America, Boy Scouts of America, Upland Pony Baseball, Hilltoppers Softball, Upland Parks and Recreation. In addition to volunteer work, also contribute to several charities including: St. Jude, First baptist Church of Pomona.
- President Globe-Miami Chamber of Commerce 2009-2010
- President Signal Peak Community Foundation 2009-2010 *founding member and board member
- Secretary Southern Gila County Economic Development Corporation
- Team Recruitment Chair Copper Valley Relay for Life 2006-2009
- Board Member: Globe-Miami United Fund, Founding member Globe-Miami Boys and Girls Club
- Miami Unified School District automotive technology curriculum advisor.
- Member Rotary International 2006-Present
- Helicopter delivery of wounded personnel during Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Deployed Unit Fitness events
- Deployed Unit Morale events
- Croswell Children's Home
- Thomas Sumter
- Oakland Primary School
- Cub Scouts pack 320
- Various park clean up
Small Business and Entrepreneurship Manager
- Youth League Baseball coach (Ages 8-13) at Irmo-Chapin Recreation Commision
- Youth League Football Coach (Ages 11-13) at Irmo-Chapin Recreation Commision
- KKG Sorority Football Coach
- Habitat for Humanity (Volunteer worker)
- Meals on Wheels (Volunteer route driver)
- Voluntarily served as the Assistant Baseball Director for the Mountain Park Athletic Association, a non profit youth baseball organization from August 2008 to August 2010.
- Has served as a volunteer manager for community youth baseball teams non stop for the past 8 years
- For 8 years I volunteered countless, wonderful hours in my children’s elementary school as the Lead Room Parent (4 years), along with Silent Auctions, Fun Fairs, Art In the Schools, field trips
- Co-coordinated Potomac Watershed Cleanup events in my neighborhood with community Boy Scouts each spring
- Volunteered and a Team Mom at Youth Sports for football, baseball, lacrosse, and softball for eight years
- Volunteered for preparation and packaging of the Adopt a Soldier Care Packages
- Volunteered to plant and tend my church’s garden for two summers and fall seasons
- Volunteered to decorate and dismantle church Christmas decorations for the last three years
- Throughout the summer months for the last 20 years I have been working with my family in our concession business in serving our local communities in festivals, arts and craft fairs, and summer holiday celebrations
- Founding member of the of the Association of Lebanese in the Marche Region 2002-2008.
- Information and press officer of the Islamic cultural center in Ancona from 2000 to 2008.
- Elected foreign councilor added to the Province of Ancona in 2002.
Restaurant and Food Service
Volunteer at Sheltering Wings for 2 years 2008-2010, running booths and creating fundraisers to raise money for the shelter, as well as babysitting for the parents of the shelter.
- Currently, I serve as the president of the local chapter of my church's organization for men. I coordinate the visiting of needy persons and am responsible for the overall well-being of the group members and their families. My church also serves as a charitable organization, distributing humanitarian aid throughout the world. I am privileged to donate my time and means in order to further this effort.
- Additionally, I served a two-year mission (08/98 – 08/00) for my church, working in Puerto Rico and the British Virgin Islands. This is where I learned the bulk of my Spanish proficiency.
Chef and Sommelier
- ACF Meeting State Farmers Market Atlanta, GA 10/2010
- World Chef's Scholarship Foundation Event 10/2010
- Plate Magazine Cook's Event with Chef Alton Brown 10/2010
- Ronald McDonald House Foundation Event 12/2010
- Anniston Soup Bowl 05/2013
- Boy Scout Assistant Scoutmaster/Scoutmaster - completed Wood Badge training
- Knights of Columbus past and present Grand Knight
- Campbellsport Volunteer Firefighters - past firefighter
- Volunteers in Mission - worker
Resume Community services Examples for Executives
- Board of Directors
- The Medically Fragile Children’s Foundation of Northern California
- 2013 – Present San Jose, CA
- The MFCF is a local non-profit organization (501(c)3 status pending IRS approval) that is dedicated to improving the quality of life for pediatric patients that receive services from Sub-Acute Saratoga Children’s Hospital, Children’s Recovery Center, and Scribbles and Giggles Pediatric Day Health Center. The MFC's mission is to “cultivate experiences that provide for holistic growth and development for both children who are able to access the community and children who require the community to be brought bedside”. In sum, the MFCF aims to help connect these patients, who require ongoing medical technology and intervention to sustain life, with the similar innate experiences of growing up that children, who do not require such needs, endure – with a common goal of celebrating the unique spirit and potential within.
Controller and Treasurer
Volunteer Treasurer for Norwich Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization, Hilliard, Ohio
- Reconciled accounts that had been reconciled since 2009
- Prepared Annual 990 Federal non-profit tax return
- Streamlined accounts and developed a budget-based reporting system to make finances easier for the members to understand so we could better focus on our financial goals & educational and social programs we wanted to implement
Did a month long project with Anant Innoventures Private Limited in 2012, on a scholarship program for financially under-privileged children. Looked after the entire operations of the project, successfully interviewing and disbursing 5400 scholarships in a month.
- Cleaning up the bay
- Food Drives
- Toys for Tots
Dentist and Oral Surgeon
- Habitat for Humanity
- I love to work closely with interesting people and get great exercise while I'm at it. And the feeling of accomplishment when my project's completed is out of this world.
Attorney and Lawyer
- Boy Scouts of America
- Leon Valley District Chairman
- Aware Central Texas
- Member of Board of Directors 2013
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Regional Youth Minister (Stake Young Men's' President)
Controller and Treasurer
- Scoutparents Unit Coordinator for the Boy Scouts of America, Troop 4070, 2004 to present.
- Maintain troop's merit badge records and checking account.
- Volunteer Firefighter - July 1998 to present.
- Currently serving as a Fire Captain/Safety Officer with the Number One Volunteer Fire Department in Gallatin, Tennessee.