Students typically have little to no work experience to put on their resumes. Instead, their resumes should highlight skills that they learned in school as well as any volunteer or part-time work that they may have undertaken in high school or college.
They can list experiences like babysitting, mowing lawns, working the concession stands during football or basketball games, or volunteering with church or school clubs. Students can also detail relevant classwork that may pertain to the position for which they are applying. These factors can sufficiently complete a student resume and help the inexperienced find work.
Student resume examples
Student resume sections
Resume Objective Examples
Secure a position teaching ski lessons at a company where I have the opportunity to further myself.
I would like to meet and interact with people with different personalities in a customer services setting helping me understand human behaviour and deal with with it positively. Once I have gained a good understanding of the functioning of the store and the roles of its employees, I would like to apply to the human resources branch of the company.
Emergency Medical Technician
To start a new career in emergency care. To provide premium healthcare as a EMT at a medical emergency department which will incorporate my patient communication, EMT skill set, and patient information tracking skills.
To enhance my skills effectively in teaching profession and to be a part of an organization where I can give my best services and also learn new things as a fresher to have some good experience.
To obtain employment with Vidant Medical Center as a NAII, Care Partner, in order to further my experience as a patient care provider.
I aim to increase the value offered by the organization to each visitor through hospitality, excellence of service and leadership.
I am attending college for a degree in fashion merchandising and to also expand on my knowledge of the fashion industry.
Experienced data processor and office manager with a B.A. in English. Possessing strong abilities to organize data and information into a structured product. Has worked in the insured field for 8+ years and can communicate with others in a respectful and timely fashion. Receptive and eager to learn new skills in order to become a successful underwriter.
My objective is to start a career working with people off all ages and get a job that I will want to do for the rest of my life.
To associate with a company where I can utilize my skills and gain further experience while enhancing the company’s productivity and reputation.
Resume Experience Examples
BartenderBartender (Dec 2013 - Present)
- The Shrimp Boat, Panama City Beach, FL
- Customer payments and register.
- Cleaning working area and equipment.
- Ordered and received supplies and retail products.
- Preparation of cocktails and other beverages.
- Preparation of bar fruit, salads, and bread.
- Kept contact with cookers, serving staff and patrons to meet client requirements.
- George's & La Cocina, Panama City Beach, FL
- Took drink and food orders from customers.
- Informed and explained the menu to customers.
- Realized menus for special events such as weddings and conventions.
- Welcomed guests and seat them at tables.
- Talked with customers to help with doubts and to make sure of client's satisfaction.
- Arranged customers' reservations.
- Trigo, Panama City, FL
- Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks.
- Inspected equipment and work areas to guarantee they fulfill the established sanitary and safety regulations.
- Designed menu and prices, keeping in mind seasonal ingredients and number of customers.
- Prepared and baked pastries and desserts, as well as pasta salads and soups.
- Realized menus for special events such as weddings and conventions.
Biological ScientistCare Aid (May 2009 - Present)
- Resource for Independent Living:RCIL, Utica , New York USA
- Monitored consumer's condition by observation of mental and physical health.
- Supported consumer by providing home and personal care.
- Maintained a safe, secure, and healthy consumer environment set by professional standards, home care policies and procedures, and consumer requirements.
- Facilitated communication by converting oral or written information from a source to a target language.
- Utica College, Utica, New York USA
- Prepared in advance for the laboratory period by reading the experimental procedure and followed directions set by the instructor.
- Assisted students in the performance of their experiments by answering questions, checking setups, and demonstrating techniques.
- Promoted safety in the laboratory and monitored maintenance of laboratory space.
- Conducted necessary preparatory work such as creating reagents and calibration of instruments for upcoming laboratory periods.
- Tutored or mentored students when requested by students and/or instructor.
- Lectured class with self prepared presentations on topics required by instructor.
- Utica College , Utica , New York USA
- Adjusted, modified, and developed protocols for experiments.
- Planned and performed new experiments according to the needs of each project.
- Recorded data, observations, conclusions and result to use them in presentations and publications.
- Organized and interpreted biological investigation results to include conclusions in biological reports.
Biological ScientistMachine Shop Intern (6/1/10 - 8/1/12)
- Techniquip, Pleasanton, CA United States
- Operated HAAS CNC Lathe's and Mills
- Experience working hands on with the production process of different parts the company uses in its final products.
- Summer Job - During the school year
BiotechnologyNetwork Administrator Intern (June 2012-August 2012, - June 2013-August 2013)
- Capacity Coverage Company, Mahwah, New Jersey United States
- Assisted in maintenance and upkeep of core servers and computer network.
- Attended to problems with employees' computers and troubleshooted and repaired any problems.
- Developed skills with Microsoft Excel while performing administrative tasks.
Customer ServiceCashier (July 2011 - August 2012)
- Giant Food Stores, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
- Cashiering, helping to provide customers with a great experience in the store.
- Target, Abington, Pensylvania
- Helping customers to make easy returns, cashiering at times, and efficiently helping to solve problems to create a better experience in the store for the customers.
Digital Arts and DesignYouth Leader (2008 - 2012)
- New Hope Fellowship, Kenton, Ohio United States
- I worked for my church and their youth group. I did all the lighting, I helped clean, I helped organize events. I did anything that was asked of me, and I did it as volunteer work.
- JROTC, Kenton, Ohio United States
- I was a squad leader for JROTC at my home schools. This taught me how to be a leader and how to work with others.
Fitness and Personal TrainingAssembler (May 2013 - August 2013)
- Harmony Timberworks , Boone , N.C. USA
- Pre-fitting and finishing timber-frame structures. Installing the custom structures throughout the high country.
- Camp John J. Barnhardt , New London , NC USA
- Trained and supervised 8 staff members to instruct 40-70, 10 & 11 year olds scouting basics.
- Adecco Staffing , Salisbury , N.C. USA
- Sorting finished electrical panels to there appropriate pallet, to be shipped away.
- Saleeby-Fisher YMCA, Rockwell, NC USA
- Ensuring facility is clean and in good operating conditions.
ForestryIntern (10/2012 - 05/2013)
- Instituto Nacional de Colonização e Reforma Agrária - INCRA, Curitiba, Paraná Brazil
- I have assisted in the selection and organization of documents related to the environmental licensing as well as protocols, files and reports. Always monitorising compliance with the validity of the licenses, assistance in organizing data relating to licensing, production of environmental reports, environmental surveys applicable in agrarian reform settlements.
- Embrapa Florestas, Colombo, Paraná Brazil
- Development of projects related to fertilization and nutrition of many soils categories, precision forestry and evaluations of the use of biomass ash and lime mud (waste from pulp and paper industry) as an increment in forest plantations.
- InFlux English School, Curitiba, Paraná Brazil
- Customer service, sale of courses, performance in the financial and administrative areas.
- Interpersonal communication, Intermediate, 4 years
- Public speaking, Beginner, 1 years
- Leadership skills, Beginner, 2 years
- Customer services skills, Intermediate, 4 years
- Shift Leader, Leading by example and making sure the store runs smoothly and effectively , 1 year
- Management Skills, Handling Customer Service issues, Scheduling, Training of new employees, Counting and handling of bank deposits, among other various tasks, 1 year
Customer Service Representative
- Typing, 70 WPM, years
- Typing, 10,070 KSH, years
Horticulture and Gardening
- Lawn care, Recreational home mowing, 8 years
- Operation of Medium Front In-loader, Recreational Home Improvement, 6 years
- Hobby woodworking, Hobby, 6 years
- Golf, Intermediate, 2 years
Medical Assistance and Support
- Spanish Speaker, Fluent, Whole life years
- Computer skills, Moderate, 8 years
- Communication Skills, Moderate, 10 years
- Customer Service, Expert, 5 years
- Business Computer Applications, Microsoft Word 2010, Power Point 2010, Excel 2010, Access 2010, 2 years experience years
- College Writing II, Writing, formatting, punctuation, Research , 2 years experience years
- Effective Speaking, Power Point Presentations, 2 years experience years
- Medical Terminology, Language, 1 year experience years
- Psychology, General, Abnormal, Adjustment, 1 year experience years
- Microsoft Office, Proficent , 13 years
- Microsoft Word, Proficient, 13 years
- Power Point, Proficient, 13 years
- Cisco Phone System, Proficient, 1 years
- Good listening skills, Implemented good listening skill among students as a Sunday school teacher, 2012-2013 years
- Organizational skills, Assigned activities and jobs among members of a team, kept order among the group and work progress., 2011-2013 years
- Computer skills, Completed Computer Information Systems (CIS) 101 at Chemeketa Community College., 2012 years
- Problem-solving skills, Managed young teenage girls during church kids camp requiring resolving issues among the group. , 2010-2013 years
- Critical thinking skills, Helped aid in meetings among leaders and resolve critical situations using skills and applicable knowledge. , 2011-2013 years
- Ability to work with diverse populations, Volunteered among Russian community in Salem, traveled to Kazakhstan and Mexico on missionary trips. , 2009-current years
- Microsoft Word, Certified, 3 years
- Microsoft Excel, Certified, 3 years
- Microsoft Powerpoint, Certified, 3 years
- Microsoft Outlooks, Certified, 3 years
- Adobe Photoshop, Certified, 3 years
Resume Education for Student Profiles
HR GeneralistWestside High School, 2013
- Omaha, NE, USA
- Geography, High School Diploma
- I graduated from Westside High School in 2013. My major areas of focus were business and geography courses
- Omaha, NE, USA
- Industrial Psychology, Bachelor's of Science
- I'm working towards my bachelor's degree at Northwest Missouri State and my major is Industrial Psychology
AccountingOxford High School, 2017
- Eastaboga, Alabama, United States
- Accounting, Bachelors
- My name is Jerod Clayton and I have a Bachelors of Science in Accounting. I was in BEST robotics in school which is a group that builds a robot to compete in a competition against other BEST groups in different schools. This develops programing, organization, building, communication, and many other very important skills. I also used to be a member of FBLA and took an accounting and advanced accounting class in high school. I also have work experience as a shelf clerk in a grocery store which requires me to be neat and keep everything where it needs to be and to check dates to see if something expires soon.
AccountingWest Coast Institute of Training , Certificate IV in Accounting and Finance
- Perth , Western Australia , Australia
- Accounting , Certificate IV in Accounting
- Certificate of IV in Accounting and Finance
- Perth , Western Australia, Australia
- Accounting and Human Resource Management , Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business
Animation and Multimedia DesignMoraine Park Technical College, 2013
- Fond du Lac, WI, United States
- Interactive Media Design, Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Certificate in 3-D Animation
- Vice President of Graphics Club
- Participation award for We Are Futuremakers
- Participation award for Wisconsin Technical College Showcase. Student Engagement
- Certified Administrative Specialist
- Certified General Business Administrative Specialist
- Completed Fellowship at Chapman University
- Coursework includes Journalism
- Chapman University Creative Writing Fellowship
- One year of Counselor work
- Award of Excellence In Journalism
- Serv Safe certificate
- Telemarketing course from NIML Abbottabad
- I have achieved both my Boating and Hunting Certificate.
Digital Arts and Design
- Certified Professional in AutoCAD, Autodesk Apr 13
- Cyberia Camp 2011,VOXLAB school of visual arts Dec 11
- Pencil Sketch, Grade 8, Center of China Academy of Arts Jul 06
- Gouache, Grade 9, Center of China Academy of Arts Jul 06
- North Dakota Fire Fighter I
- North Dakota State Fire School (Structural Burn Trailer-Basic/Intermediate/Advanced) (Air Management) (Courage to be Safe) (Emergency Vehicle Operations Course) (Art of Reading Smoke) (Car Fire Attack)
Painter and Sculptor
- Earned a National Career Readiness certificate, passing the 3-part test given that assess problem solving, critical thinking, and solving work-related math problems.
Plant and System Operator
- Certified in Abrasive Wheel and Rigging safety.
- Microsoft Office Word 2010 Certified
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 Certified
- GDG study jam about Android Application
- Positive Attitude,Good communication Skill,Hard working.
Advertising, Marketing and PR
- Client- Steve Summers, Sports Cards online website.
Coach, Trainer and Scout
- Along with the Pace High School freshman basketball team I also had a 65 year old client. I coached her through a semester of training in my Aging and Physical Performance class. I tracked her progress throughout the semester and made special adaptions for her age and any contraindications she had as an older adult.
- Future pledge of Delta Sigma Pi
- Future pledge of the Club Management Club
- Future pledge of the Freemason Fraternity
Detective and Criminal Investigator
- Active Member in Alpha Lambda Delta and Phi Eta Sigma, both National Honor Societies.
- Member of Sigma Alpha Pi, another National Honor Society.
- Diet and Nutrition.
- HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America) Member.
- National Honor Society member at Salem Baptist Christian School.
Medical Scientist and Epidemiologist
- Minority Association of Pre-medical Students (2012-2013)
- At Riverside Community College, I was part of the Alpha Gamma Sigma Honor's Society. I enjoyed this club because it was an active member of the community. We spent time with troubled children, the elderly, and held a Halloween event in which young children could trick-or-treat at the college. We also went into the San Bernardino mountains and planted trees in the areas that were devastated by fires.
- 2009-2010 Academic awards for Biology and Art. Won 1st place at Cameron University's academic testing for high school students.
- 2008-2009 Academic awards in Art and Spanish 1.
- Lettered in Color Guard and Band
- Best in State at SCGC Championships 2011
- Top 30% in Class 2013
- 2nd Place at SCGC Championships 2014
- Honor Roll - High School (2005 - 2009)
- Dean's List - Suffolk Community College (Fall 2013)
- High school
- Collaborative Contributor: 2011, 2012, and 2013
- All Conference Free Safety for Mount Vernon Football 2011, Northwest Conference Champion (152 lbs) 2011, and 2011/2012 Washington State Wrestling Participant. I also received a Champion of Diversity nomination from the principal of my high school, which resulted in a nomination for a scholarship at a the Champions of Diversity convention.
- 1.Objective is to contribute to the level best for the development of the company.
- 2.Surely like to contribute up to the bottom line of the company
Advertising, Marketing and PR
- Gonzaga Men's Club Soccer - Vice President/Treasurer - 2012-2013
- Managed team relations with the school, team activities and events, lines of communication, player liability, and game strategy.
Barista and Café Worker
- Bel Canto Choir
- Honor Choir
- Science Club
- Member of Vietabroader Club, 2010 - 2012
- Hold English debate sessions, organize meetings with high school alumni, organize school proms
- On Wednesday evenings from 4pm-7pm I'm a youth leader for 6th-8th graders at my church Centerville Presbyterian
- On Sundays I have church from 9am-12pm and I sometimes have college youth group from 7pm-9pm
Elementary School Teacher
- When I was in high school I participated in Cross Country, Track, Foreign Cultures Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Spirit Club, Distributive Education Clubs of America, and the A+ Program. I also went on mission trips with my church youth group. We came up after to Joplin after the tornado to help clean up, and we stayed for a week. In the summer of 2013 we went on a Global Encounter trip to Inner City of Kansas City. We helped a church with their ministry by putting on Vacation Bible School for the children in that neighborhood
- Experience volunteering with the Troy chapter of Habitat for Humanity (2011). Experience volunteering with Circle K International on campus (2009-2010). Track & Field/Cross Country writer for the Tropolitan University Newspaper (2010). Experience announcing for the Troy University Track & Field team (2012)
- EMT class(in progress)
- Medical Terminology(CCSF)
- Cooking Club
- Science Club
- Robotics Club
- Health Academy
- Participated in soccer and baseball (Freshman year)
- Go to the gym
- College Ambassador
- UCSF Mini Medical School(2 6week sessions)
Community services for Resume
- Highway cleanup
- Fundraising at my local church
- Volunteered at Good Will for a week.
- Volunteered at a Soup Kitchen in New Haven 4-5 times.
Elementary School Teacher
- Currently I volunteer weekly as a tennis coach for the Mills Community Tennis Program. This program brings fourth and fifth grade girls from Oakland elementary schools to Mills College campus in order to help build their self confidence through tennis.
- I have worked with the scholarship program Bethune Carver Scholars along with Habitat for Humanity in New Orleans to help build homes for those families affected by Hurricane Katrina.
- I am currently a volunteer at the Milwaukee Guest House which is a shelter for homeless men. My duties include working at the front office. I will be answering phones, distributing food and health products for the residents and filing residential paperwork.
- I will be volunteering one day at the Milwaukee Rescue Mission to tutor children with their homework.
- 2009-2013: Volunteer at Imagine Children's Museum, Everett, WA. Worked directly with community in art station and museum events.
- I do numerous hours of community service, this summer I worked the ticket boot at the DeKalb County fair for 15 total hours. I babysit as well and my church does lots of good deeds for the community. I am a Tennessee Scholar, therefore I have completed more than 80 hours.
Security Guard and Surveillance Officer
- Volunteered at:
- Sharpstown High School
- Girls & Boys Prepatory Academy
- Yellowstone Community Park
- Marian Park
- Tanglewilde Park
- St. Mary's Food Bank 2007 and 2008
- Reading Tutor for 5th graders 2008
- Certified Nursing Assistant License 2010- Present
- Plan on taking the Certified Public Accounting Exam in June 2015
- I have been licensed in the past as a Certified Nursing Assistant, Home Health Aide, Domestic Abuse Awareness, ServSafe, and Guardian Ad Litem. I hold current CPR and First Aide certifications.
Electrical and Electronic Engineer
- Radar basics, PCB design, Programmable System on Chip, Embedded systems and Robotics.
- Smart Serve Certified
- WHIMIS Certified
- Certified Nursing Assistance
- Have my Texas Alcohol and Beverage Commission (TABC) license and I am also CPR certified
Singer and Musician
- Certified Nursing Assistant
Attorney and Lawyer
- Sales and Marketing
- Sales associate of Journeys
- Reached record sales
- Offered Assistant Manager position
- Mentor in Young Women's Leadership School
Automotive and Motor Vehicles
- I know how to mount and demount tires, change oil, radiator flushes, A/C recharge and evacs, differential fluid changes, brake systems, spark plugs, tap spark plug holes, exhaust systems, and some steering and suspension experience.
- I have knowledge and experience on electrical system diagnostics, airbag removal, power window systems, power door lock systems, light bulb diagnostics, scan tools diagnostics, wiper and washers systems.
- Interactive Design and Development
- Elements of Design
- Digital Drawing and Illustration Techniques
- Introduction to Economics
- Linear Algebra & Introduction to Real Analysis
- Discrete Mathematics
- Multi-variable Calculus & Differential Equations
- Mathematical Statistics
- Fundamentals of Ergonomics
- Cognitive psychology
- Plastics and Composites
- Elements of Form
- Expertise in de-burring
- Tapping and milling
- Problem solving
- Fine motor skills
- Mathematical aptitude
- Able to lift 320 pounds
- Fast learner
- Expertise in precision measurement
- Blueprint reading skills
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated
- I have both Civilian and Military passports both are good until 2018
- Multiple articles published in the July 2013 and August 2013 publications of The Muslim Link.
- Writer for the Clarksburg High School yearbook [kahy-oh-tee].
- Wadsworth, L. C., D. G. Hayes, A. L. Wszelaki, T. L. Washington, J. Martin, J. Lee, R. Raley, C. T. Pannell, S. Dharmalingam, C. Miles, D. A. Inglis, and A. M. Saxton. 2012. Evaluation of Degradable Spun-Melt 100% Polylactic Acid Nonwovens Mulch Materials in a Greenhouse Environment. Journal of Engineered Fibers and Fabrics. (in press)
Digital Arts and Design
- ‘Study of Web Guide Slippage Phenomena in Roll-To-Roll Embossing System’ Jun 13
- 10th IEEE International Conference on Control & Automation, Hangzhou, China
- L.Pollini, V.Parnenzini, M.Innocenti : "Distributed Real-Time Hardware and Man-in-the-loop Simulation for the ICARO II Unmanned Systems Autopilot", WSEAS, October 2012